Making Rings with Metal Clay
In this three and a half hour class, students will be introduced to tools and techniques for making a textured, fine silver ring. Students will create one or more rings using metal clay, from start to finish. Classes are held in Barbara’s home-based studio in Goleta, CA. Limited to six students.
- be introduced to various tools and materials used for ring making
- select textures to use on one or two rings
- roll, texture, cut and form a ring
- dry, refine and torch or kiln fire
- hand finish, patina and polish their new pieces of fine silver jewelry
Cost: $130 includes 16 grams of silver clay ($30 value), tools and materials. Save $30 if you sign up for two classes, same day. Students may want to bring magnification eyewear if needed. Additional clay may be purchased if needed during class.