Intro to Metal Clay
In this three and a half hour class, students will be introduced to silver metal clay and the basic tools used for creating torch fired metal clay jewelry. Students will create a pair of metal clay silver earrings from start to finish. If time allows, students may make a second pair or simple pendant. Classes will be held in Barbara’s home-based studio in Goleta, CA.
Examples of metal clay earrings on Pinterest
- Students will learn about the composition and brief history of metal clay.
- Students will be introduced to basic tools, workspace, and working stages for creating fine silver jewelry with metal clay.
- Students will design and create one or two pair of metal clay earrings.
- Students will torch fire dried clay pieces to transform them into fine silver.
- Students will hand finish, patina and polish their new pieces of fine silver jewelry.
Cost: $130 includes 16 grams of silver clay ($30 value), tools and materials. Save $30 if you sign up for two classes, same day. Students may want to bring magnification eyewear if needed. Additional clay may be purchased if needed during class.
Click here to REGISTER for one or more classes.
Email Barbara with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student work from Intro to MC Class
Student work from Intro to MC, and Multi-Layer Pendant Classes
Also check out Metal clay earrings on Pinterest